wtorek, 29 września 2026

Stories of Becoming

At first I thought I'd go after a slightly different title, Stories of Origin. But I found the one that I eventually used as a broader, more inclusive notion.

For this writing session, pick some element of nature or culture that invites you to see it better or know more about it. It can be a stick, a seed, a stone, some bark, some substance (honey, water, clay), etc. Or, a building, a shard of an ancient vessel, a mosaic, a painting, a dress, a mask.

Then go along one of the following lines in your writing:

a story of origin (could be a myth, a legend, a fairy tale)

a story it carries inside or on the surface

a process (coming into being, growing, maturing, fading, disappearing)

form

being discovered/ invented/ found/ stolen/ lost/ adapted/ ingrained into something else

stillness vs movement

darkness vs light

magnifying / making smaller

Or, let the piece talk about itself. Maybe it'll engage you in a conversation.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

It started from sore feet.

No, it started from the pear. And took some time to take a shape of socks. The task is now in the photo taken in the classroom. Students fro...